INTERNSHIP ASSESSMENT

 INTERNSHIP ASSESSMENT 


NAME:- P. SAI KRUPA SRI 

ROLL NO :- 113 

INTERN 

I HAVE BEEN POSTED IN GENERAL MEDICINE FROM 14/4/23  TO  12/6/23  IN THIS BLOG I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE  IN GENERAL MEDICINE.

 

1st 15 DAYS => UNIT DUTIES (14/04/23 - 28/04/23) 

NEXT 15 DAYS => PERIPHERALS (29/04/23 - 13/04/23) 

NEXT 15 DAYS => PSYCHIATRY ( 14/05/23 - 28/05/23)

LAST 15 DAYS => UNIT DUTIES (29/05/23 - 12/06/23)


UNIT DUTY:- 

1.I have drawn venous blood samples

2. Collected their reports from the labs,

3. Got culture swabs and bottles from the labs

4. Collected culture reports from the lab

 5.Updated these in our whatsapp groups, investigation charts, fever charts, repeats

6. Got ECGs, Xrays, USGs, 2D echos and their videos of all our patients

7. Monitored vitals of all our patients

8. Typed and printed discharge summaries of all our patients


ON OP DAYS :- 

1. I have done vital monitoring of the patients 

2. I have learnt how to take brief history of patients 

3. I have learnt management and medicine prescription for patients with hypertension , diabetes , acid peptic disease , fever , who come to OP

4. Gained knowledge about the what investigations to be advised for respective complaints 

5. I have kept patient history in group during audit 

These are some blogs I have made during my unit duties :- 


Case 1:- 

 https://psaikrupasri175.blogspot.com/2023/05/blog-post.html



https://psaikrupasri175.blogspot.com/2023/05/blog-post_31.html


https://psaikrupasri175.blogspot.com/2023/05/this-is-online-e-log-book-to-discuss.html


https://psaikrupasri175.blogspot.com/2023/05/blog-post_13.html



WARD DUTIES :- 

1. I have updated and motivated my other co interns to update SOAP notes of all the patients in their respective units

2. I have taken brief histories of all the patients in the ward 

3. I have monitored vitals 

4. I have drawn blood samples to a few patients


ICU DUTY:

1. Monitored vitals of all the patients in ICU and AMC

 2. I have learnt how to draw ABG samples on different patients

3. I have inserted Foleys to a few patients

4. I have inserted Ryles to a few patients

5. I have inserted iv cannulas to a few patients

6. I have done cpr 

7. I have monitored vitals of patients during blood transfusions.

8. I have collected reports

9. I have informed my ICU pgs of the patient condition

10. And made sure that the prescribed medication was sent in time


NEPHROLOGY DUTY:-

1. I have collected various venous samples on patients and collected reports.

2. Monitored vitals of all patients in the ckd ward

3. Assisted in central line insertions

4. I have monitored vitals of critical patients who were taken up for emergency dialysis

5.Typed and printed discharge summaries of all our patients

6. Got to now dialysis how dialysis machine works 

7. Learned about IV fistulas how they helped patients with CKD 


PSYCHIATRY DUTIES:- 

learnt about the importance of history taking and its role in management of patient

Learnt about few cases like

1.ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE SYNDROME

2.DEPRESSION 

3..TOBACCO DEPENDENCE SYNDROME 

4.SCHIZOPHRENIA

5. OBSESSIVE COMPULSION DISORDER

learnt about the medications given to the patients and their side effects

I learnt that history taking in psychiatry is different from medicine where Mental Status Examination (MSE) plays a important role which consists of 

•General appearance and behavior

•Psychomotor activity

•Speech

•Thought

•Mood

•Perception

Also learnt regarding the importance of counselling to the patients and its role in management



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Cases of may 2021

A 19 yrs old female with SOB since 5 days

A 20 yrs female with abdominal pain and vomiting